We are seeking an experienced Communication and Media Coordinator to support our mission to foster an Africa-wide solidarity. An Africans Rising’s communication lead must think outside of the box to amplify the myriad of stories that our members and partners strive to share globally beyond the conventional borders. If you have what it takes to reimagine communicating for a pan-African movement then you should consider this position.
- Devising a comprehensive communications and media strategy for Africans Rising, along with an execution plan and benchmarks.
- Preparing and issuing press/media releases for Africans Rising actions and activities
- Arranging media engagement opportunities for Africans Rising’s leadership and members to raise the movement’s public
- Preparing, commissioning and coordinating media content in the form of opinion pieces, articles, blogs and other content
- Devising media strategies for specific Africans Rising and members campaigns.
- Devising a communication guide for the movement leadership, staff and members.
- Work collaboratively with partners, members and supporters of Africans Rising as well as their media teams to prepare and deliver information about Africans Rising’s collaborative content.
- Provide a weekly summary of media placements/mentions for Africans Rising in traditional and Social Media platforms.
- Coordinate the production of monthly or quarterly Newsletter.
- Develop a comprehensive database of media contacts across the continent and globally.
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for various campaigns.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by the movement coordinators.
Qualifications & Attributes
You should have a primary qualification in communication & New Media, social sciences, political science, international relations, journalism, or any other relevant fields. While the usual tertiary qualifications and some demonstrable track record within the broad definition of civil society are desirable, the key attributes for the role include:
- A deep personal resonance with the Kilimanjaro Declaration
- An abiding passion for the idea and energy for the work of building a non-traditional Pan-African movement of the future
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team as well as a large diverse group
- A track record and professional experience working in the human rights arena at any level
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and at least one other widely used language on the continent, specifically: Arabic or French or Kiswahili or Portuguese
- It’s a given that you will have brilliant public speaking skills, are active on social media and are passionate about new encounters
All you have to do is prepare a cover letter (500 words) detailing why you’re the ideal candidate for the role. Kindly add a list of your current social media profiles at the end of this cover and attach a comprehensive CV, including references.
–> Mail the application package to email@example.com
2000 – 2500 USD per month
Community | Home | Virtual
Africans Rising is a nascent movement and as such, we require a minimum one-year commitment period.
We will be accepting applications until the position is filled. Apply now!
Terms and Conditions
Please check your application and make sure that you do meet all the essential criteria listed above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within three (4) weeks after submitting your application, please consider that you were unsuccessful.
Africans Rising reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
Africans Rising reserves the right to accept applications until the post is filled.
For more information on the role contact details below;
Traumaine Govender, Ms.