The Innovation project coordinator will be responsible to support Africans Rising and ActionAid Global Platform Ghana (GP Ghana) to effectively implement the Innovation Project on Artistic Activism in West Africa. The project’s pilot edition will be launched in Senegal and Ghana, therefore the coordination across the two countries and with project partners as well as the project documentation and evaluation might be an exciting opportunity for young individuals who are looking for an artivism exposure from an African context.
1. Project coordination and implementation:
- Coordinate the implementation of the artistic activism project activities in Senegal
- Coordinate and maintain collaboration with project team partners, organising meetings and facilitating communication
- Carry out administrative, financial and logistics tasks for the project activities
2. Training development and delivery:
- Develop, conduct and organize training initiatives with Africans Rising’s Engagement department, GP Ghana, OSIWA and partners
- Support colleagues on youth empowerment, activism and campaigning especially when in regards to artistic activism programs
3. Project documentation, evaluation and reporting:
- Implement the documentation and evaluation framework and contribute to writing evaluation reports for the project activities
- Support colleagues to implement GP documentation and evaluation activities
4. Fundraising responsibilities:
- Support the development of concept notes and proposals to raise funds for artistic activism related projects
5. Protection responsibilities:
- Support partners on monitoring and safeguarding artist environment
- Abreast with all child protection regulations and comply with them
- Reports poor practice or potentially abusive behaviour to supervisor
- Ensure that parental consent is sought before taking any images or footage of children
6. People Management Responsibilities:
- Internal Relations: Country Leadership Team, Senior Management Team, AAG Fundraising Team, Regional Programme Manager, GP Manager, Quality and Knowledge Management, staff
- External Relations: MEL & Research Coordinator, Partner Organisations.
- Responsibility for Assets: computer and communication materials
Qualifications & Attributes
- A deep personal resonance with the Kilimanjaro Declaration
- An abiding passion for the idea and energy for the work of building a non-traditional Pan-African movement of the future
- A minimum qualification of Tertiary education degree or diploma in relevant areas such as Social Sciences, Development Studies, Creative Arts and Media, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Have at 3 years of experience working with project coordination in a creative or training area, preferably at the international level
- Good knowledge of the socio-political and cultural context of Senegal
- Experienced in facilitating and designing capacity development processes.
- Experience in working with youth empowerment and activism
- Communication skills in media, social media and creative media (e.g. graphic design).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team as well as a large diverse group
All you have to do is prepare a cover letter (500 words) detailing why you’re the ideal candidate for the role and attach a comprehensive CV.
–> Mail the application package to [email protected] with the subject line: Application Innovation Project Officer | Artistic Activism
A one year contract
Deadline: Feb 25th, 2019. Apply now!
Terms and Conditions
Please check your application and make sure that you do meet all the essential criteria listed above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within three (4) weeks after submitting your application, please consider that you were unsuccessful.
Africans Rising reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
Africans Rising reserves the right to accept applications until the post is filled.