- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting in collaboration with ActionAid -MS TCDC.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board and ActionAid Denmark -MS TCDC
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in close collaboration with the Movement Coordinators and core team members.
- Facilitate coding of different funding sources and put budget lines to all funds received for smooth reporting and accountability.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting in consultation with ActionAid MS TCDC and Movement Coordinators
- Facilitate payments and accounting of funds in collaboration with ActionAid -MS TCDC.
- Lead on the development of chart Accounts of Africans Rising
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the organisation's financial affairs
- Preparation of monthly payroll
- Develop Africans Rising human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party organisations and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations of the movement.
Qualifications & Attributes
Has a primary qualification in finance, administration, and any other relevant field. While the usual tertiary qualifications and some demonstrable track record within the broad definition of civil society are desirable, the key attributes for the role include:
- Good work experience in finance and administrative management
- A deep personal resonance with the Kilimanjaro Declaration,
- An abiding passion for the idea and energy for the work of building a non-traditional Pan-African movement of the future,
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team as well as a large diverse group,
- A track record and professional experience working in the human rights arena at any level,
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and at least one other widely used language on the continent, specifically: Arabic or French or Kiswahili or Portuguese.
- Submit a cover letter (of no more than 500 words) detailing why you’re the ideal candidate for the role.
- Attach a comprehensive CV, including references.
- Email the entire package to [email protected]
800 – 1000 USD per month
The Gambia | Virtual
Africans Rising is a nascent movement and as such, we require a minimum of a one-year commitment period.
Applications close on Monday, 20th August 2018, 17:00 GMT
Terms and Conditions
Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed above, in addition, your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the desirable criteria. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within one (1) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Africans Rising reserves the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time and to accept applications until the post is filled.
For more information on the role contact details below: [email protected]