Vacancy: Fundraising Coordinator
The Fundraising Coordinator is key to ensuring the overall financial sustainability of Africans Rising. The role will suit a methodical individual with experience in working with all types of large and small donors. You have the ability to attend to the multitude of details and administration required to successfully maintain existing grants, seek and secure new grants and, build powerful relationships with a range of donors and funders.You subscribe to the Vision to become a fully African funded entity within five years and, understand the critical importance of building a large base of individuals willing to contribute regular amounts to the movement, for its work of creating the #AfricaWeWant
You relish the opportunity to work collaboratively with a diverse, geographically dispersed team working to build the Pan-African civil society movement of the future.
Key deliverables for this role:
- Manage all current grants, ensuring unimpeachable compliance
- Prepare, consult, finalise, submit and, follow-up with all current funding applications for Africans Rising
- Develop leads, finalise and submit new concepts, proposals & grant applications
- Co-create a powerful programme to build the individual giving and volunteerism for Africans Rising
- Finalise the development of the current draft sustainability strategy for the movement
- Improve and maintain the current donor database of the movement
- Ensure all internal and external compliance requirements, are maintained, improved and exceeded.
- Maintain and improve the current internal reporting on fundraising
- Add value to existing commercial, private sector and social enterprise sector partnerships for income growth of Africans Rising
Qualifications & Attributes
You should have a tertiary qualification in social science, political science, international relations, journalism, or any other relevant field. While the tertiary qualifications are important, a demonstrable track record counts for more.
The key attributes for this role include:
- A deep personal resonance with the Kilimanjaro Declaration
- An abiding passion for the idea and the required energy for the work of building a non-traditional Pan-African movement of the future
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team as well as a large diverse group,
- A track record and professional experience in a fundraising role at any level
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Fluency in Arabic or French or Kiswahili or Portuguese would be a distinct advantage
Prepare a cover letter (of around 500 words) detailing why you’re the ideal candidate for this challenging role. Your ability to reference our current public documents related to sustainability of the movement would considerably improve your chances of joining the Operational Team
A comprehensive CV, including at least three references
Mail the entire package to [email protected] with the subject line:
Application | Fundraising Coordinator
As an emerging movement, premised on volunteerism and individual giving, we can offer a monthly compensation of between 2000 and 2500 USD.
Africans Rising is a nascent movement and as such, we require a minimum one-year commitment period from you. Of course, if you’re great at your job and work well in the Operational Team, there is always room to grow.
We are building a lean, agile and robust movement and accordingly, you have the choice to work virtually from any location in the world; or you're welcome to join current operational team members who are based in Nairobi, Banjul, Johannesburg, Durban, Tunis or Accra.
Until the position is filled up.
Terms and Conditions
Please only apply if you have experience in the Key Deliverables and, you possess the required Qualifications & Attributes.
DO NOT send qualifications etc. in the initial application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to accept applications until the post is filled.
We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time or not make an appointment.