Help Us Mobilise Communities and Tell Stories this #25May2018 !
The Online & Offline Mobilisation Volunteer will be facilitating and leveraging various activities to mobilise citizens within his/her region for the Africans Rising between April and May 2019.
On the 25th of May, 2018, we connected with over 15 Million individuals online, and the hashtags #AfricansRising and #25May2018 were trending in a number of African countries. This year, we are working towards an even more successful and wider mobilisation across the continent with a dedicated focus on the theme " Africans, Not for Sale: Stop Slavery and Human Trafficking" . A key focus of this mobilisation is to allow our members and mobilisation volunteers to play a central role in leading new Africans Rising engagements, community-driven initiatives and celebrate our common wins against human trafficking.
This volunteer role helps our work towards the accomplishment of all the African Liberation Day events. It will also be trialling a new approach to community mobilisation and has the potential to be scaled-up to more opportunities as the movement grows.
We are looking for:
SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEERS
GRAPHIC DESIGN VOLUNTEERS
- Devise a written a personal or organisation Mobilisation Strategy
- Create activities and engage communities in support of Africans Rising #25May2019 events
- Organize multiple town halls or Open Baraza meetings
- Engage at least 500 new Africans Rising members and guide them through the Kilimanjaro Declaration sign-up process
- Make videos of grassroots movement leaders, local citizens and young people, document their demands and experiences
- Get Africans Rising featured on local media (Print, Radio, TV, Blog, Celebrity Vlog etc)
- Use creative and local platforms to invite more people to join the # 25 May 2019 local events
- Actively support Africans Rising mobilization operations
- A deep personal resonance with the Kilimanjaro Declaration
- Demonstrated commitment and self-motivation to learn about community mobilisation in Africa
- Outstanding ability to work collaboratively and virtually with a small team
- Good oral and written communication in English and second language (Arabic, French, Kiswahili or Portuguese )
- Strong public speaking and networking skills
- Strong levels of creativity and leadership capacities
- Experience using MS Suite, databases and Google Drive
- Previous engagement with movement work and mobilisation is a plus
- Experience with Social Media platforms, graphic design & digital production are desirable
- IT students and web developers are encouraged to apply
- A chance to be part of a cutting-edge mobilisation approach
- Opportunity to work with a multicultural team
- Frequently network with CSOs and inspiring fellow Africans
- Gain Knowledge of various regional political, socioeconomic and cultural dynamics
- A recommendation letter from Africans Rising
- Oh, and a chance to change the continent!
We envision a future in which talented African youth can give back to the continent by honing their professional skills. We respect and value each member of our team and we work collaboratively across borders to amplify the voices that often go unheard. We want you to help us achieve this mission, together, we are building a pan-African movement that will impact the continent for far longer than we will be here to witness. To do that, we must live our vision and use it to guide our actions.
15 MARCH, 2019
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Paid volunteer position
PLACE OF WORK:
Your community is your office!
Community | Home | Virtual
Terms and Conditions
Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed above
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, if you have not heard from us within three (3) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We're a very small team making this work! Thank you for your understanding.
We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
We reserve the right to accept applications until the post is filled.